Friday, September 2, 2011

08-28-11 // Will Truesdell, InterVarsity Director, Northern New England

Listen To Will Truesdell, from InterVarsity, from his message at White Pine Community Church. Sunday, 8-28-11

I had everything I needed for my cross-country flight neatly organized in my aluminum briefcase, but I also had a problem: Someone had rotated the dials of the three-digit combination lock, and I couldn't remember the combination. I was locked out of what I needed to survive the trek.

What I felt at that moment is what I have sometimes felt while reading what Jesus said in John15:5: "I am the vine; you are the branches. If you abide in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing." There is so much power packed into those words, but how do I unlock that power? "Abide in me," Jesus says--but how do I do that? What combination of things must I do to abide in Christ?

In this episode we are going to learn how to abide in Christ from someone who, in my opinion, has figured out the combination. Will Truesdell is the director of InterVarsity Northern New England, a ministry to college students in Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont, and the time we have spent together has given me great confidence that his teaching ministry will be very enriching to our church family.