Sunday, March 8, 2015

When You Are Getting Thrashed

Listen to, "When You Are Getting Thrashed" by Greg Sidders, Sunday, 03-08-15

I predict that when you wake up on Sunday morning, you will be tempted not to go to church.  

I'm not a prophet, just a student of history. Sunday is the beginning of Daylight Savings Time. In all my years, I have never seen church attendance go up on the first day of DST. It's the one Sunday when we are most likely to play hooky. Heck, I might stay in bed myself if I weren't the pastor.

But I want to urge you to drag yourself to church, and not just so that we can have a full house. No, it's because I really believe God wants to encourage you--especially if you have been going through a tough time lately. The passage that we will be studying this Sunday will help you to make sense of those seemingly senseless struggles that you have been having. I want that for you, so I'm pleading with you: Come.. The coffee will be strong, and the message will give you eyes to see the story God is writing in your life.